Voting Locations & Instructions
Your citizen activist on the City Council needs you to vote EARLY in this year’s city election. You will still be able to vote on June 2nd at your neighborhood precinct.
Many of our fellow citizens are needing help with voting this year. Are you able to help? Drop me a line at: http://www.theresastehly.com/contact-theresa
South Dakota Absentee Ballot Application
2. Be sure to sign in the signature box.
3. Check the box that says you are attaching a copy of your photo ID. Take a picture of your photo ID using whatever equipment you have (scanner, printer-scanner, camera), and print that out too. Staple the ID copy to the application.
4. Put it all in an envelope, and address it to the Minnehaha County Auditor, 415 N Dakota Ave # 102, Sioux Falls, SD 57104, put postage on it and mail it.
5. The Auditor will put a ballot in the mail to you 2 weeks before the election (and immediately for requests received after that).
6. When you get your ballot, return it to the auditor by election day, either mailed or dropped off.
Absentee in Person at the Official Election Center
220 W 6th Street, Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm, Bring your own pen (located on 6th street between the Minnehaha County Administration Building and the Old Courthouse Museum)
Voting absentee in person began on Monday, March 30 for ALL City and School District voters regardless of county. Any qualified voter may vote absentee in person and should bring a valid photo ID. Take into consideration all guidelines to assist in the prevention of the spread of COVID-19. Here are some tips specific to your in person voting experience:
- Know your ballot! A sample is available through the Voter Information Portal and samples will be available at the polling location.
- Bring your own pen or pencil. These will be available at polling places and cleaned routinely, but to facilitate the process using your own will greatly assist.
- If you are sick, don’t go to the polling place…you have another option aside from voting Absentee by Mail. Authorized Messengers can be arranged for by also using an Absentee Ballot Application. In this case, you will fill out the ENTIRE form (section one through 8.) Be sure to sign in both required locations and attach a copy of photo identification OR have your signature notarized. The messenger does not sign the form until the ballot is received from the Minnehaha County Auditor.
Official Election Date
With the serious health and safety concerns we have this year, the regular April 14th city election was postponed. The in person voting will be June 2, 2020. Watch for announcements.
Follow Theresa at Facebook.com/theresa.stehly